Friday, December 21, 2007

A Tale of Woe and A Christmas Carol

Tale of Woe. Today was the last day of school for the kiddos and I flat ran out of time to finish my teacher gift knitting. I managed to finish Manitou Passage in the nick of time. She turned out quite purdy and I was almost sad to see her go. She is off to a good home. Now what to do with that half skein of Calmer...


Cream of Spinach is also out the door. This was one of my absolute favorite knits. It is entertaining to knit, easy to memorize and portable. My recipe for a favorite. My son broke his arm and this baby got me through much waiting room time.
As for some of the other scarves in my sidebar. Can anyone say....Valentines Day gifts? I think I am off my scarf binge and back to Buncha Squares. It is starting to give me the hairy eyeball.
Oh yeah, I almost forgot... A Christmas Carol. Fantastic stage production put on by the Ford's Theatre in DC. DH and I took the little kiddos accompanied by another family. It was an amazing production and captivated all of us from start to finish. Dinner afterward at Austin Grill = fun time had by all. Definitely a tradition in the making.








1 comment:

- Sandi - said...

They both look absolutely lovely - congratulations! I've been thinking about a reversible scarf pattern, and this might just be the one.