Sunday, May 28, 2006

talk about froggy


To me "froggy" is akin to a do over. Many days I wish I could have a "do over". That is what is great about knitting. No matter how badly you mess up that sweater you CAN do it over.

Today I parked my car in my office parking garage and stepped into a 6 inch puddle with my snappy new sandals(mind you it has not rained here in forever). No problem, I tell myself. I have tissues on hand at all time. Dry. done. off to work.
A client calls, can I meet you at your office to see some property? "Great, I say. We head for my car and I realize *a*&^%# soaky sandals are my fate. How to finesse it? I slyly put tissue in my sandal to soak up the water. Nobodynotices. Do I remember to remove it? No. Am I the one to notice? No. Helpful client tells me as I am opening the door to one of the homes. "Um, Ma'am, didja know you have some toilet paper hanging from your shoe?" Me, in all of my suaveness says "yes, I meant for it to be there". Akward silence. We move on. Said client does not buy that house. Don't know if it was the tissue or the fact that they had twelve cats.

That was real life today. "Knit life" was I have overcome(I hope) my fear of seaming. I finished a cute little baby kimono from Mason Dixon Knitting (my current obsession, who knew?). I now feel like I can seam this adorable sweater I knit from Debbie Bliss Wish You Were Here. It has been sitting here for eternity,taunting me with it's unfinishedness.
Hopefully, next post will....aw heck...no promises::):):)

4 comments:

Kim said...

i love your baby kimono!!!!!

Kim said...

ps - what kind of yarn did you use, i love the color.

Jennifer Halm said...

it is cotton demin aran in sky blue by Debbie Bliss

Jennifer said...

Knitting is my joy, seaming is a chore. That's why I choose patterns with as little seaming as possible. You said that you ordered Bonnie Marie's Cece pattern. Does it have a lot of seaming?